He has over 200 research papers and over 100 scientific and technical articles to his credit. He authored/co-authored 16 books on Electronics, Electronic Communications and Computer Science and Engineering. He also supervised many M.Sc. students and Ph.D scholars.
Over 60 M. S. and M. Sc. theses and 2 Ph. D. theses in
- Digital systems,
- Data communications,
- Computer networking,
- Cryptography and information security.
DISSERTATION AND THESIS WRITTEN
- Ph.D. Thesis: “Logical design of sequence controllers for machine operations”, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Loughborough University, England, 1976.
- M. Sc. Dissertation: “Multiple access discrete address communication system for local subscribers’ network”, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Loughborough University, England 1972.
- M. Sc. Thesis: “Measurement of noise in Lead-Selenide photoconductive cells”, Department of Physics, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, 1966.
Delivered over 20 invited talks on scientific and engineering topics in different institutions of higher education and research in Bangladesh and abroad.
Engineering Books Published and Edited (in English language)
- “Computer Basics”, M. Lutfar Rahman, M.A. Hossain and S. I. Ahmed, Bangladesh Open University, pp 198+8, 1996.
- “Microcomputer and Microprocessor”, M. Lutfar Rahman and M. A. Hossain, Bangladesh Open University, pp 248+8, 1998.
- “Computer Fundamentals”, M. Lutfar Rahman and M. A. Hossain, Systech Publications, pp 350+8, 2002.
- “Fundamentals of Communications”, M. Lutfar Rahman (Editor), Systech Publications, pp 350+8, 2006
Engineering Books Published (in Bengali language)
- “Computer”, M. Lutfar Rahman, Bangla Academy, Dhaka, December 1985, PP 100+8.
- “Computer Porichiti” M. Lutfar Rahman, Akkhormala Prokashoni, Dhaka, December 1985, PP 192+12.
- “Word Processing and Wordstar”, M. Lutfar Rahman and M. A. Alamgir Hossain, Akkhormala Prokashoni, Dhaka, March 1989, PP 176+8.
- “Digital Electronics Part 1”, M. Lutfar Rahman, Bangla Academy, Dhaka, 1989, PP 296+16.
- “Digital Electronics Part 2”, M. Lutfar Rahman, Bangla Academy, Dhaka, 1989, PP 372+16.
- “Lotus 1-2-3”, M. Alamgir Hossain and M. Lutfar Rahman, Akkhormala Prokashoni, Dhaka, 1991, PP 73+6.
- “Adhunik Computer Biggan”, M. Lutfar Rahman and M. Alamgir Hossain, Nobojug Publications, Dhaka, PP 472+16, 1992
- “Computer Biggan (Proshno-Uttoray)”, M. Lutfar Rahman and M. Hasan Shaheed, Greenview Publications, Dhaka, PP 274+6, 1996.
- “Personal Computer”, M. Lutfar Rahman, CITN Publications, Dhaka, PP 198+8, 1998.
- “C/C++ and Object Oriented Programming”, M. Mokter Hossain and M. Lutfar Rahman, Systech Publications, PP 598+15, 2000.
- “Java Programming”, M. Mokter Hossain and M. Lutfar Rahman, Systech Publications, PP 712+14, 2001.
- “Madhyomik Computer Shikkha”, M. Lutfar Rahman, M. Alamgir Hossain, M. Hasan Shaheed and M. Mokter Hossain, Nobojug Publications, Dhaka, PP 320+8, 2002.
- “Computers in Business”, Edited by M. Lutfar Rahman, Authors: M Akhtaruzzaman and M. Abdur Razzak, Society for educational world, 2005, PP 365 +15.
- “Digital Systems”, M. Lutfar Rahman, Systech Publications, PP 650+14, 2006.
Scientific and Technical articles
Scientific and Technical Articles (written in English and Bengali languages)
More than 40 scientific and technical articles have been published in different scientific magazines and news papers.
Series Articles on Electronics
Eighteen series articles were published under the heading "Electronics Workshop" in the fortnightly Science and Technology Supplement of the Daily Sangbad (a Bengali language daily newspaper), Dhaka in 1990 and 1991.
MAJOR CONFERENCE, SEMINAR, SYMPOSIUM, WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Institution of Electrical Engineers Vacation School on "Logic design for digital Systems", University of Kent, Canterbury, England, 24-28 September, 1973,
- International Conference on Physics and Energy for Development, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1995, presented the paper entitled "Single board microcomputer based integrated circuit tester".
- UNESCO-ASPEN-ICTP Regional Workshop on Indigenous Development for Low cost Equipment for Physics Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1986, presented the article entitled "Single board computers in instrumentation and control".
- The ninth National Science Week, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1986, presented the article "Computer Hardware".
- Regional College on Microprocessors: Technology and Applications, Hefei, People's Republic of China, 1986.
- International Symposium on Electronic Devices, Circuits and Systems (ISELDECS), Kharagpur, India, 1987 and presented a paper entitled "Priority interrupts in 6800 microprocessor based systems".
- UNDP sponsored course on "Computer Networks - Services and Protocols", Computer Center, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, 16-22 April, 1987.
- Annual Conference of the Bangladesh Electronics Society, Dhaka, 16 April 1992, presented papers entitled, 1. "Flat panel Digital display oscilloscope" and 2. "Simulation of digital circuits using prolog".
- Seminar cum Workshop on Information Technology for Socio-Economic Development. Organized by Bangladesh Computer Council and ASEAN and Pacific Development center Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 11-15 May, 1992.
- National Conference on Computer and Information Systems, held in the University of Dhaka, 8-9, December, 1997.
- International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 1998), held in the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, 18-20, December, 1998.
- ICCIT (International Conference on computer and Information Technology) 1999 (Sylhet, Bangladesh), ICCIT 2000 (Dhaka, Bangladesh), ICCIT 2001 (Dhaka, Bangladesh), ICCIT 2002 (Dhaka, Bangladesh), ICCIT 2003 (Dhaka Bangladesh), ICCIT 2004 (Dhaka, Bangladesh), ICCIT 2005 (Dhaka, Bangladesh), ICCIT 2014 (Dhaka, Bangladesh).
- SDC Workshop on Information Infrastructure in SAARC Region, BANSDOC, Dhaka, January 25-27, 2000.
- Workshop on Higher Education in USA and Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), BUET, Dhaka, December, 2002.
- Second International Conference on Human Resource Management and Development, Organized by Rapport Bangladesh Ltd, Dhaka 2002.
- Seminar on Observance of the National Scientific Information and Documentation Day 2002, BANSDOC, Dhaka.
- Seminar on "Road Map for ICT Development in Bangladesh" organized by BCC, Dhaka, 2003.
- International Workshop on Distributed Internet Infrastructure for Education and Research, IICT, BUET, Dhaka, 2003.
- National Electronics and IT seminar and Exhibition, Dhaka, 2003.
- National Conference on Computer Processing of Bangla (NCCPB 2004 and 2005), Independent university, Bangladesh (IUB), Dhaka, 2004 and 2005.
- World Congress on ICT for Development, Beijing China, 10-13 September, 2009
- Conference on “Collaborative Projects on Tourism, Sports, Bio-Diversity and Global Change” of Eurasian Silk Road Universities Consortium (ESRUC), 23-26 February 2012, Erzurum, Turkey.
- 2nd Summit of Asia-Pacific Universities – Community Engagement Network (APUCEN), Penang Malaysia, 21-23 September 2014.
- 13th Asian University Presidents’ Forum on “Transcultural Challenges for Innovation in Higher Education”, Christian University, Thailand, 21-27 October 2014.
- Bangladesh Summit on Substantial Development, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 16-19 August 2014. \
- Anglia Ruskin University South Asia Conference, New Delhi, India, 2012 and Mysore, India, 2014.
- Google Summit for Education, Mumbai, India, 2014.
- International Conference on Universal Human Values at Royal University of Bhutan (Gedu), Bhutan, 2015.